Place Your Orders Now! Pricelist 19 Effective 1/14/19
We’ve held the line on price increases for the past two years*. Beginning January 14, 2019, pricing for over 95% of our Access & Egress Control Hardware, Solutions and Systems will reflect a 3% increase*.
We encourage you to place your orders now to lock in pricing before the price increase. We will not honor pricing from Price List 18.4 or earlier on any project orders placed after January 14, 2019.
* U.S. Inflation Rate, $100 in 2016 to 2018: According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics consumer price index, prices in 2018 are 5.18% higher than prices in 2016.
* A few selected products will increase more than 3% where necessary to reflect higher material costs.
SDC ANNOUNCES HIRING OF NEAL DRELL AS NEW WESTERN REGIONAL SALES MANAGER
CAMARILLO, CA – October, 2018 – After anextensive national search, SDC (Security Door Controls) selected door hardware and security industry sales veteran Neal Drell as their Western Regional Sales Manager, responsible for allmajor accounts, distributors and security and hardware representatives. Neal brings over 20+ years of door, frame, hardware and architectural sales experience on behalf of manufacturers, distributors and rep firms. In addition, he brings a wealth of construction specification experience, having been a past president of the San Diego chapter of the Construction Specifications Institute (CSI).
“We’re very excited about the knowledge base and interdisciplinary expertise Neal brings to our sales channels,” stated Shane Geringer, SDC’s Vice President of Marketing, Sales, and Strategic Development. “We see real synergy in connecting his door hardware and CSI experience with our reps and distributors in both the Door Hardware Industry and the Alarm/Electronic Security Industry.”
Because the security industry is finding increasing responsibility for the door, Neal will spearhead the integration of SDC’s product solutions, name and brand on the West coast.
“I’ve had responsibility for carrying the SDC line in the Southern California region in my past life on the rep side, and was always very impressed with their products and the company,” Neal explained. “I believe I can move the needle by leveraging my CSI expertise into reps, distributors, dealers and integrators and show them how to better connect with the end-user customer and their requirements.”
“I think that Neal brings a unique understanding of the whole door opening that will pay dividends for our brand adoption,” Geringer continued. “And, he’s proven he can support our customers and distributors and manage networks of independent rep organizations during the course of his career.”
“It’s an exciting time to be in the security industry, especially now that I’m a part of a company like SDC with its great reputation, longevity and decades of innovation,” Neal continued. “I’m passionate about my total door opening approach and showing how electronic hardware, specifications and security solutions will expand everyone’s market share. I’m very appreciative about the opportunity to help expand SDC’s sales volume in one of the best territories and pleased to be a part of the team.”
Neal enjoys playing golf with his wife and pursuing a life-long interest in classic cars.
He can be reached at:
Phone: (760) 578-6693
SECURITY DOOR CONTROLS (SDC) develops, manufactures and markets mechanical door locks and exit devices, access controls, electronic locking devices for security systems worldwide – the lock behind the system. With the convergence of mechanical hardware and electronic access control, SDC provides a bridge from the edge of the network to edge devices for PoE-enabled and IP-based security. We use electrified mechanical door locks and exit devices, access controls and electronic locking devices to provide digital, mobile and electronic access control solutions.
As a U.S. manufacturer of premium grade access control hardware specified by security consultants for prominent facilities worldwide, SDC is a recipient of 24 SIA Awards and Recognition for innovative products. SDC has been providing intelligent solutions for Security, Safety & Accessibility to the Industry for over 40 years.
A leader in the innovation of products within the electronic security and architectural openings industries, SDC holds scores of patents and trademarks. SDC’s locking systems can be found in virtually any application where access control of a door is required; for example, Duke Power Nuclear plants, North Carolina; J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles; Museum of Modern Art, New York; Exxon, USA; Bank of America facilities, USA; Chase Manhattan Bank, USA; and many airports including JFK International; O’Hare, Chicago; Dallas/Fort Worth; Edwards Air Force Base, California; Chek Lap KOK Airport, Hong Kong; Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Malaysia; and Saudi Arabia’s two largest airports located in Riyadh and Jeddah.
SDC brand products are channeled through security products wholesale distributors, systems integrators, contract and wholesale door hardware distributors providing product and technology solutions for Retail, Airports/Transportation, Health Care, Pharmaceutical, Commercial/Industrial Modifications and Retrofit.
SDC maintains a ShipQUICKTMInventory of over 150 finished products that can ship to distributors within 24 hours from either east coast or west coast SDC facilities. SDC provides an on-time delivery average of over 98% – as much as 99% for all product orders – a Five Full Year Warranty, and excellent technical, training and sales support. Design and assembly of SDC products takes place in their 24,000 square foot factory in Camarillo, CA, USA and is available worldwide.
Tel:(805) 494-0622 (800) 413-8783 USA Toll Free
About Westlake Marketing Works
Westlake Marketing Works creates inspired communications reflecting the essence – the “why” of companies to reap marketing’s full potential. Specializing in Strategy, Branding and Design, WMW serves small and mid-size organizations with clarity and razor-focus to achieve better Sales and Marketing results. When needed, WMW engages an additional network of expert design, marketing, technology, business, green and specialist companies to deploy “the right team for the right action at the right time for the right outcome.”
Westlake Marketing Works
Excellent opportunity for an experienced Technical Support professional with expertise in a high-volume call center environment to join our team. The successful candidate will have demonstrated the ability to master the technical aspects of products and services, while delivering best in class levels of customer satisfaction. The Technical Support Associate will have proven Door Access & Egress Control System Design and Troubleshooting success and impart knowledgeable industry experience in answer to product questions. Strong Product application and installation assistance skill is a must.
Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, the Technical Support Associate will partner with other technical and customer service facilitators and department heads to promote a strong customer advocacy culture and work cohesively with other functions and teams.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Maintain prompt and effective call response times and standards
- Handle escalated calls and cases; investigate and resolve customer issues equitably, including determination of root causes to promote continuous improvement
- Work effectively with production, engineering, systems and other internal departments on resolving potential issues with products, service, systems that impact customer service and satisfaction
- Design and develop multi-door, code compliant solutions to assist customers with developing job bids based on our products
Qualifications and Requirements:
- 3 – 5 years experience as a Customer Service/Technical Service Representation within the door hardware/access control industry with comprehensive electric locking hardware proficiency
- Knowledge of mechanical and electronic door hardware solutions, including options spanning from mechanical access/egress control to facility integration
- Strong understanding of locksmith industry, security industry and related components
- Demonstrable experience in the design and installation of electronic hardware components, access controls, and security solutions including network infrastructure, integration with and programming of access control systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Intelligent, articulate individual with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with all levels of an organization; proven ability to develop and lead effective teams
- Detail oriented self-starter with ability to handle multiple projects and priorities within a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Possess excellent organizational and analytical skills; work quickly and accurately; make sound decisions
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint) as well as CRM tools
Position available immediately